What Do You Do When You Get Stuck?
We’ve all been there. Working on a project and we just can’t seem to get to completion. Or at least not to a completion we are satisfied with. The project could be something short term, an assignment for a client, writing the next blog, or it could be something big, perhaps a life decision.
- Some of us power through, get to an acceptable answer and move on.
- Some of us pause, ruminate, perhaps even beat ourselves up for not getting to the “right” answer, or even stop completely.
Whichever is your default modus operandi, I invite you to consider this one: meditate on it.
Meditation can be…
- Sitting quietly in the traditional form of meditation, perhaps for a day or a week or even more, depending on the scope of the challenge.
- Scheduling what one of my clients refers to as, “library time”. Scheduling time with yourself to write, to think, to plan.
- Or, it could be reading something that inspires you.
- Or going for a run.
Whatever it is for you, next time you get stuck, consider meditating on it…