The Q4 Vistage CEO Confidence Index was nearly equal to the second and third quarters of 2017, suggesting that optimism among small business CEOs has stabilized.
Q4 2017 Vistage CEO Confidence Index highlights include:
- 66% of CEOs of CEOs said the economy had recently improved, a significant increase from last quarter’s52%.
- 45% of CEOs expect the economy to post additional gains during the year ahead, up 13 points from 32% last quarter.
- 71% of CEOs plan to expand their workforce in the year ahead.
- 83% of CEOs expect increased revenues in the year ahead.
- 67% of CEOs expect increased profits in the year ahead.
- 54% of CEOs expect to increase investment expenditures in the next year.
Chicago Area Survey Highlights:
- 37% of CEOs expect the economy to improve in the year ahead (vs. 45% nationally)
- 46% of CEOs expect to increase investments in the year ahead (vs. 54% nationally)
- 83% of CEOs expect to increase revenue in the year ahead (vs. 83% nationally)
- 70% of CEOs plan to expand their workforce in the next year (vs. 71% nationally)
- 59% of CEOs thought the national economy had improved in the past year (vs. 66% nationally)
- 62% of CEOs expect rising proﬁts in the year ahead (vs. 67% nationally)