A couple of weeks ago Vistage published its National Confidence Index Results. Below is a report comparing the Chicago area to the nation. Not surprisingly, Chicago business leaders are a bit more pessimistic.
And yet, a recent report from ITR Economics Housing: 6 Signs of a Better Year Ahead offers a contrarian point of view. Perhaps the message is, monitor your industry and your business, capitalize on opportunities and accumulate cash so when you want to invest you can.
Here is the Chicago Area Survey Highlights:
- 12% of CEOs thought the national economy had improved in the past year (vs. 21%nationally)
- 4% of CEOs expect the economy to improve in the year ahead (vs. 12% nationally)
- 56% of CEOs expect to increase revenue in the year ahead (vs. 61% nationally)
- 44% of CEOs expect rising profits in the year ahead (vs. 51%nationally)
- 35% of CEOs expect to increase investments in the year ahead (vs. 37% nationally)
- 50% of CEOs plan to expand their workforce in the next year(vs. 57% nationally)
For the full report click here.