As it is time for my monthly leadership quote, I am taking a brief pause from the 45 Years of Leadership series. The series will return next week with Marsh’s Leadership View #2.
This month’s leadership quote:
What you do speaks so loudly, I can’t hear what you say – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We say we provide a great place to work, do our actions demonstrate this by committing to the growth and development of our staff?
- We say we want to grow our business, are our actions focused on growth?
- We say we want to spend more time learning to play the guitar, are we practicing?
- We say we want to make a difference, are we intentional each day in taking actions that do in fact make a difference?
- Are we pausing each day, to ask ourselves if our actions are aligned with our words?
This quote couldn’t be more timely for me and where my agency is as an organization. Experience has taught me that intentionality usually gets results. This quote served to bring that reality clearly in focus. Thanks!
Thank you for your feedback. I agree, it is about intentions, and the execution that then goes to support the intention.