How do you know if your expectations are too high or too low?
- Sometimes, we set our sights too low and don’t achieve as much as we can.
- Sometimes, we expect too much from ourselves and feel we don’t measure up.
- Sometimes, we expect too much from clients, vendors, and others, and they feel they can’t please us.
- Sometimes, we expect too little or don’t ask for what we want from others and take on too much ourselves instead.
How do we know which it is? For me, the litmus test is this:
- How often are my expectations of myself or others met?
- What does my gut say about that percentage? Too high? Too low?
- What must I do next to align my expectations with what is possible?